Position Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Dir. of Specialty Fabrication/ Sr. Management
Summary: Plan, execute, and finalize projects of any type and size according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, architects, designers, engineers, sub-contractors, consultants or owners in order to deliver projects according to plan/contractual obligations. A Project Manager also defines the project’s objectives and oversees quality control throughout its life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct and manage projects assigned by senior management from beginning to end.
- Define project scope and deliverables that support the goals in collaboration with the client, senior management and team members.
- Develop the project budgets and/or any associated costs if not already assigned.
- Negotiate terms of the project within mutual agreement of the client, members of the project, and senior management in order to prepare all necessary documentation needed to execute the contractual requirements of Weber Group, Inc.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Communicate with clients for projects on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend budget changes when necessary.
- When required, negotiate with other managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and report to senior management on a regular basis.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Plan and schedule project timelines using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, required documentation, and submittal information when required.
- Review content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and develop contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and distribute them to involved parties throughout the project.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and subcontractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Draft and submit all subcontract agreements or purchase orders to all vendors, subcontractors, and /or suppliers for any/all materials and/or services necessary to complete the project.
- Review and properly code all invoices/ pay applications from subcontractors and suppliers as received for payment processing.
- Complete project invoicing/AIA payment applications required during selective billing cycles throughout the duration of the project.
- Complete all documents required to close out and complete projects whether required by client or municipality.
- Ensure projects are completed in compliance of OSHA and Weber Group safety guidelines.
- Assist in the hiring and the training of supervisors and other construction personal when necessary.
- Reviewing and approving timecards of any company personal working on their projects.
- High School diploma, Trade School degree, and/or University or college degree in the field of construction management.
- 5-10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of previous field construction/ supervision experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate using the English language. Communications in Spanish would be an additional benefit.
- Competent and proficient understanding of Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project.
- Demonstrate experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to obtain cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, consultants, and other team members.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Valid driver’s license and in good standings.
Physical abilities required:
- Overtime may be required in meeting project deadlines so intense stress could be a factor.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting and operate office equipment. FREQUENT walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, fine-finger dexterity to manipulate computer, operate office and other equipment. OCCASIONAL bending and stooping, squatting, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, upward and downward flexion of neck, side-to-side turning of neck; reaching at and above shoulder height; lifting objects weighing up to 10 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 yards; lifting objects weighing 11-50 lbs. from below waist occasionally.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Travel may be required for the purpose of estimating projects, overseeing projects on regular basis, and meeting with clients.
- Conduct regular visits to jobsites to oversee to progress and check on the quality of work. May require extended walking, climbing of ladders, or bending to inspect areas of low work concealed by obstructions.
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents and to operate equipment.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- 30 Hour OSHA Course.
- First Aid, CPR and Bloodbourne Pathogen training.
- Familiar with all current OSHA General Industry Safety and other applicable regulations relating to employee safety and accident prevention.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings. (Tool Box Talks)
- Enforce safety requirements of WGI to all supervisors including; check for updated MSDS information that is to be stored on site, check for proper labor law information that to be posted, and verify all safety measures are in place and updated on a regular basis.